Thursday, July 18, 2013

Margie's Tearoom

Margie's Tea Room
In May of this year, I was asked by a friend if I could make a TEAPOT as a centerpiece.  My response, "Sure, I can try."  I had the perfect pattern, but I had never made one. Needless to say, I got busy with a sample.  At this point, I didn't know how many she needed.  I'm thinking...1 maybe 2 at the most? Boy, was I wrong!! I got the shock of my life.... 

YIKES, Look at all of those PIECES!!!!
My friend works for a Assisted Living/Retirement Village in our area. They were planning a Mother's Day Brunch and were looking for reasonably priced teapots.  Now, I have to say, my centerpieces are not cheap, but I gave them a deal if they ordered in bulk.  OMG...they needed 20....in a week!!  A week???   I had one of my helpers give me a hand...and production was started.


They came out so adorable!!!  I made all different soft colors and hinged the lid with a little coordinating bow.  I added a little doily to the bottom as well.  




Not only did they want 20 teapots. but they also wanted 100 strawberries!! Luckily, I didn't have another job that week, so I was able to start right away.





I loved the way everything came out.  So darling!  Thanks for stopping by everyone.  More parties coming this week...so visit again tomorrow.  

Stay Cool!
~Margie



No comments: