Thursday, February 21, 2013

At the Beach



Earlier this month, I was hired by Desiree Chocolates for a Beach Party themed Bat Mitzvah.  It was so much fun to build this party in the dead of winter.  Believe it or not, I am writing this as a big snowstorm is at our heels here near Chicago.  The good thing is each day that passes, we are one day closer to flip flops, sandcastles and beach bags.




I made several pieces for this party.  Lets start with the menu cards.  I knew this needed to be a mix of whimsy and elegance. The images are Doodlebats.  I was able to cut them, similar to cutting stencils and attached them to the themed, colored tent cards.  I LOVE the way they came out and will definitely, do something similar again for another party. Adding a little "bling" really makes them pop on the dessert table.




The signage is something I always do for Desiree.  I like to cut the logo and add something personal to her dessert tables.  This way, the kids can keep the piece as a souvenir.  This particular sign was a very intricately cut, very delicate;  so I added it to a paper sculpted frame to set it out from everything else on the table.  I heard it was a big hit!  


  
What's a beach without flip flops?  When I saw this pattern I knew I just had to make it for this party, it was PERFECT!  I used Rachel's chosen colors; bright orange, bright blue and fushia. I did cut down the sole of this box.  In my opinion the sole needed to be a little thinner.  Adding a little flower to the strap gave a little more dimension and her name gave it that personal touch that I love in all my parties. 
   
Aren't these the cutest mini cupcake picks?  I used the same Doodlebats and printed them in the theme colors.  Sometimes, I make these in a little bigger size, but these were mini picks.  I added the "bling" to them too. 


Lastly, I made a sandcastle to tie everything together.  This was really just a prop.  I thought it was so cute and perfect for the theme. 


Watch for a collage of this party coming soon.  

Thanks for stopping by!
~Margie 




      









   

No comments: