Friday, September 7, 2012

Watering Can Centerpiece

I thought I would share another watering can centerpiece.  Several months back I made a cute flower centerpiece and a friend added cupcakes to it instead of Cakepops.  Genius!  So this time, I wanted to completely eliminate the handmade paper flower and have something for the cupcake to actually sit on. It needed to be sturdy, but cute.  Don't worry, it's not a balancing act...the mini cupcake has a toothpick inserted in the bottom, right through the the cupcake wrapper, then placed in a Wilton Baking Cup that looks like a petaled flower and then the toothpick is sitting in the end of a decorative straw.  
I used a scalloped circle as my cupcake "plate" and I actually sandwiched two circles back to back to give a little thicker plate...nice and sturdy.  
Just as I use Cakepops, lollipops, and now cupcakes in my bouquets, don't forget ...Fanny May Candies, large sugar coated gumdrops, powdered sugar donuts and so many more goodies will work in this centerpieces as well.  These are adorable as table  centerpieces with a number tag at the very top, or even a get well, happy birthday or congratulations gift....it's really versatile.    Be creative and have fun! 

Thanks for stopping by!
~Margie 

No comments: