Monday, April 16, 2012

Favor Tails

I haven't blogged in a while, sorry about that!  I hurt my back and was out for 3 days, then after Easter I got sick and was out for another couple days.  Now I feel like I am behind by a week!! Time to catch up! 
This weeks celebration is a Dragon and Knights Party.   I actually am not quite finished yet, but I will post what I have and add more later.      
First let me start by introducing my good friend Holly from Twist and Shout who designs all of my beautiful Balloon Centerpieces to match my party favors at my corporate events. (btw, I am a corporate event planner if you don't already know that)  This week, Holly's beautiful balloon decor is my In the Spotlight so check out her website...she is an AMAZING Balloon Artist!  Holly and I have worked together on events for the last several years.  I can't tell you how much it means to see the kids at my corporate events "light up" when Holly makes them a cute balloon character.  It's not just your typical run of the mill balloon poodle, or sword.  Holly goes ALL out for the kids bringing her balloons to life.  She is truly an artist and I love having her at my events!



Balloon twisted sculptures are PERFECT to serve as decor, but it's a nice take away, as well as a prize for winning a party game. We did this at my daughters' baby shower, and the ladies were so excited to choose the balloon sculpture they wanted to take home. (look under "baby shower" blog post for more on Holly's balloon sculptures.) Thanks Holly, for all you do for me!  I can't wait to see what else you come up with for my future parties.  
Dragons and Knights are all about little boys....knights, castles, dragons, shields, armor and maybe a damsel in distress!! So without further ado...


Hear Ye! Here Ye!  All Nobel Knights and Fair Ladies the King requests the honor of your presence at the Royal Celebration of Sir Dugan's 4th Birthday Party.  Please arrive on the 3rd day of June, in the year of our Lord 2012, at the hour of one, at King Phillip's Court and join us for great feasting and entertainment!  

I started with this adorable dragon SVG, adding layers and layers, giving him personality plus and of course the BLING!! 



He really came out cute...even much cuter than I thought. Let's start this party with a Centerpiece of Dragons and Knights. Normally, I make a Pretty Poke Centerpiece, but this time I just took the pokes and inserted them into a clear cup with lid, filled with gum balls. (see Candy Filled Method, posted Feb. 13th)  I think it would be cute to place these in individual vessels on your tables...add 1, 2, or 3 pokes per table.  Each poke is built onto a printed paper straw.  After your party, save these images for scrapbooks or banners for the child's bedroom...too cute to throw away!!  


  
So I didn't go all out and make a cake, and decorate it for this party, but I did find this adorable cake mold (in my kitchen cabinet).  I normally use it as a Sand Castle, but it really can be used as a Medieval Castle as well...how cute would that be?  Dress it up with flag pics, or maybe a Damsel in distress, so many creative ideas.   


I have to say, I love putting together the favor boxes.  These are Cricut French Fry boxes with the Dragon SVG attached.  I would add a napkin or food safe cello bag filled with cookies or candy inside, poke out the top, tie with a curling ribbon to match. Personalized digital art is a perfect add-on to my parties...cute, cute, C-U-T-E!!!






Each of my parties are individually handmade, per your theme and colors.  Please contact me for details.  Thanks for stopping by this week.  Stop back mid-week...I have more to blog about!  Have a Creative week!

Margie





No comments: