Sunday, February 26, 2012

Bouquets and Centerpieces

I was asked by a friend to design a few pieces for a Bridal Show she would be attending as a vendor this weekend. Of course, I jumped at the chance!!  She asked for a centerpiece and a bouquet and a few favor boxes.  So I got my thinking cap on again and decided that I REALLY like making these picks, which I call PRETTY POKES. Some may like the idea of poking the Pretty Pokes into a vase filled with coated or wrapped candy pieces (see 2/13th blog entry) such as M&M's, Gumballs, or Hershey's Kisses.  While others prefer a nice solid base as seen below in the SPRING FEVER BOUQUET.

     






So I thought this Spring Fever Bouquet would be a cheery piece for a bridal shower...all made with matching wedding colors.  As I was putting this together I began thinking how pretty this would be as a get well or a happy birthday bouquet!!  Wow...endless possibilities.  Just by adding a Doctor Bag, or a Birthday Cake this piece would change in an instant.  My mind was "racing with ideas." Looks like I will be adding Greetings and Holiday Pokes so you can purchase them separately if you need a themed bouquet or centerpiece.  
  
A few friends have asked, "what's the difference between a bouquet and a centerpiece"?  Well, I like to refer to a bouquet as one sided. The flowers in the Spring Fever Bouquet above are all facing toward you, the other side is plain and neatly made.  A centerpiece can be viewed from all sides.  Of course, a Pretty Poke Bouquet is a little less expensive  than a Pretty Poke Centerpiece. Both of these pieces have 7 pokes included with an option of an 8th poke to swap out for a themed gift, example... get well, congratulations, graduation, birthday, new baby,  you get the idea. 

So moving on to a Wedding/Bridal Pretty Poke Centerpiece. I have 7 Pretty Pokes included in this centerpiece all of which have a wedding theme.  I do have several more pokes to choose from...hearts, flowers, bells, glasses, verses even crosses...you choose.  I added a nice big table number to this piece as well, or you might consider a letter instead.  (I will get some samples in the next few days.)  Each poke can be seen from both sides of the table.  And of course some shiny BLING!!  




I can also personalize this for you...how about adding some of your own photos.  How pretty!!  The base on this Bridal Centerpiece looks plain but it can be dressed up...give me a few weeks and I think you will be  very excited when you see what happens to this piece...something new and different is joining Polka Dots and Parties!!  Stop in often to catch up!!!

Margie
  

No comments: